Monday, February 2, 2009

Thing 6...still exploring

How can you use any of these tools in your library or media center?

Not sure. I visited Clockr, Flickr Color Pickr, and Spell with Flickr. These were interesting. Big Huge Labs blocked me with access restricted. As I'm typing this, Thing 8 has just been posted and the only source of encouragement came from Defang Scary Technology from 2.0 hints. I attempted to Spell with Flickr, but need more time to process. Also, it being Groundhog Day has revealed more chilly days ahead. Brrrr!

What do you think of sharing photos online? I enjoy looking at photos, and sharing photos is a touchy subject these days. Just this past weekend we had a patron wanting to copy a picture of a building from the Flickr website for a school project. I had to go to copy from Google image to get the photo, so Flickr is great for browsing...it was great to 'participate in the Groundhog Day celebration', but I'm not sure I'm ready for the world to meet me.
Still working on Thing 6 and I'm out of time...

1 comment:

  1. You are doing a GREAT job!
    You are out of your comfort zone and still forging ahead. That is what this experiment is all about.
    AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete