Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thing 8 IM

First of all, I just want to thank whoever for the "catch-up week". As BM said, we needed it! Could you feel the frustrations and anxieties of learning something new?
OK, so here I am catching up...
Describe how your library uses email. Has it improved productivity?
Our email at work allows us to keep informed with what is happening. I just learned today from our wonderful Information Systems staff that we have IM. I also learned that it has cause some problems in the past. For the work that I am involved with, I really do not see the need for IM. My email gives me the info I need to keep me up to speed and ask the questions when confusion hits. (However things have been known to change.

Are you an active user of text messaging, IM, or other communication tools?
I never thought I would be a text messager...it took me a while to stop saying to my kids "Did you get my email?" meaning my texting. I love text messaging now that I understand it as a way to keep the family informed with out the hassle of interrupting with a phone call. As I said earlier, we have microsoft outlook with windows messanger at work. New technology...a wonderful thing...sometimes...incredible when it makes life less complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment