Saturday, January 24, 2009

Thing 4 part 2...oh bother...

There's no end to this madness and I'm really feeling like 'duh' since a worker pointed out that "Google Reader" is on the dashboard. Well, I got to spend some quality time with my husband setting up the Yahoo space. (I owe Olivia a sincere apology for calling her Oliver-my bad-but thanks for the help.) Besides, part of learning is doing.
After doing some scrolling on my dashboard... I located it after the reading list, under other stuff in the box of Tools and Resources. Ta-da! Google Reader. Below Thing 4's assignment is a list of resources: click on Feed Me: A Gentle Introduction into Internet Feeds for an awesome demonstration. Using Blogline Tutorial with steps is a sure thing if you need those step by step.
I've been playing with the buttons adjusting my site. Things are looking better, but that's just me. (I wondered why some pages looked so professional.)
I thought it was great that all the feeds came to you-yes, saving time IS good, but honestly I got caught in the web of technology and missed out on the warm weather today. Guess I'm gonna need a timer. (Good thing I'm doing this at home...decisions, decisions, decisions.)
Using the RSS would be a great aid to helping patrons find/identify what they want to investigate. The usage on library computers is generally limited to 30 minutes. This will be great for kids who have homework assignments/questions as long as it's a legitimate site and if I understood it correctly, it's a wonderful tool for teachers to experiment using Flickr and other photo uploading websites to share their lessons.
This is all new to me, but I'm sticking with it. I just need to walk away.

No comments:

Post a Comment